Sunday 6 October 2013

And back again.


Alright all?

I know it's been a while, almost a year, so where n what have I been in that time, well apart from the kids, life, births (couple, not mine), deaths (at least 3 in close family), stressed, the council, touring britain from south to north an back.

Main reason for absence, no decent internet access, ever tried uploading pics from ure phone with a crap connection? My advice, don't bother, as our hobby is a visual splendour, text doesn't really cut it, an rather than putting youse off I thought i'd stay quiet, the council predicted our house adaptions to takesomewhere between 3-4 months, 6 months down the line and too many cock ups too list. We're back, although I sit here surrounded by boxes an bin liners (no i've not done a lady gaga, although most would agree I am the latter).
 

M8's are the dogs!



So hobbywise, after talk of the brighton bash tourney being d-day based I thought I can take my f.j.'s add the at boxes, some obstacles and a captured panzer platoon and form the brest company, i've managed to finally finish my AT boxes, from small styrofoam boxes do pak40 at boxes grow. Using Mike Haughts guide, antenocitti's french propaganda posters and the infamous and now out of print (heard through the grapevine these were changing hands for big dollars recently) modeldads french decals. I got them finished to a playable standard, if anyones interested in any of the processes in any of the thread I can post a more extensive explanation and a lot more pics.


Small acorns


The Saplings
The Oaks.
Achtung minen!
 
 

Murzuq mission see a mock up from card of the murzuq hangar, i've used modern pics of the hangar and a little licence too plan the model, still working on the foamboard and hopefully playtesting the mission once the hangar is built (sorry it's taken so long Mike).
 

Cheers for the box Barbie, extension to be added.

 


I finished my LRDG and off to the Milton Keynes tourney we went, I was consistant, I lost every one of my 5 games, my closest being a 3-4 (my favourite game btw, not just the score) however we (3 members of brighton warlords) managed to place 2nd in our league, which meant we got a trophy, honestly I was and am still well chuffed. Thankyou Skip for pulling me out of the mire. I tried to play using somebody elses set up, but not being that person doesn't help. Have been playing better since I swapped my tirraileurs out for commandos (which was my original plan), do commandos chew up other infantry, oh and p.s. I'm glad I put so much effort into my SAS, as they are the dogs!
 
Get me ma lewis gun boy.

Another shemagh nightmare.
Lewis gun conversion.
Tirraileurs HMG
 



So since finishing my boys from chad (tirraileurs support for the LRDG), I've added another combat platoon (there's a few fez's in there), a mortar platoon, HQ and a 60mm mortar SP truck to my Decouverte (the french LRDG), i'm currently constructing the flatbeds for the Breda 20mm SP trucks then it'll just be a question of getting another couple of bases done for my magnetised hot swappable AT/AA/Arti, covers almost all the desert forces in Burning Empires cheapskate armies. :) This will all bleed into being able to field the FF and Vichy forces.
 

Hhhmmm magnets, Arti/AA.
 
 

Breda SP truck inserts. Thanks again to BF UK customer services for all there help.
 
Darth Gamgee loses an arm.
 
Banzai Motherfunker





So onto the latest project and my current favourite Japan, the weekend I decided to take them on as a new force (wargames illustrated helped, as soon as I read the japanese rules I was hooked), on the sunday my mum came over with a copy of a photo for me she'd found in with a load of my grans stuff (she died earlier this year), it's a picture of my great grandad (Jack "oogie" Noakes) shaking hands with Emperor Hirohito, so no turning back now. In regards to the pic I'd assumed it was taken in the thirties, my great grandad was out in the far east trying to flog the Beardsmore Inflexible (monoplane bomber) he'd help designed and tested. But upon closer inspection of the pic both my GG and hirhito look to be in their twenties, an the houses in the background don't appear to be of Japanese origin. So as I recently found out due to my daughters school project hirohito was the first of the Imperial Japanese Family to leave Japan and went on a tour of Europe in 1926 and maybe the pic was taken at this time, any help in dating this would be useful.
 
 
 
Oogie & Hirohito

No comments:

Post a Comment